Richard E. Masson
Richard Masson is Senior Partner at the law firm of Masson & Fatini, specializing in Family Law matters, including Divorce, Legal Separation, Child Custody and Support matters. Mr. Masson is a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of practice.
Richard E. Masson is a Certified Family Law Specialist. He was certified as a specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization in 2010. Mr. Masson’s family law practice includes divorce, visitation, custody, as well as child and spousal support matters. In addition, it includes drafting Pre and Post-Nuptial agreements.
He has represented clients spanning virtually all major industries including real estate, intellectual property, retail, professional services, manufacturing, entertainment, government contracts, medical and construction.
Mr. Masson’s professional background and experience includes representing and handling of audit engagements, review engagements, internal control reviews, tax compliance, corporate compliance, business consulting, business formation including corporations, partnerships, LLCs, LLPs, non-profit organizations, and estates.
Mr. Masson received his LL.M in Taxation in 2005. The Master of Laws (LL.M) program permits an attorney to develop a more concentrated expertise in a particular area of law. Mr. Masson uses his LL.M in Taxation to assist parties in their divorce process by using his taxation expertise when advising parties on their property division.
- University of Utah, B.S., 1994, University of Utah, J.D., 1998;
- Chapman University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2005
- Orange County Bar Association
(Member, Sections on: Family Law; Business Litigation; Estate Planning), 1998-Present
- State Bar of California, 1998- Present
Hobbies & Interests:
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America, awarded 1987
- President, Southern California University of Utah Alumni Association, 2015- Present
- Outdoor Activities, including Triathlons, Surfing, Volleyball, Golf, Football and Skiing
- Legal Separation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Complex Property Division
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
Awards And Honors:
2005 Super Lawyer, Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star Edition 2005.
CALI Excellence For The Future Award, Estate and Gift Taxation, Fall 2005.